Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Color Question and Add-On Question
TapHappyHobbit
#1 Posted : 11/22/2010 5:06:31 PM
TapHappyHobbit

Groups: Newbie
Man
A little bit of a background... I bought a Superstar Hyper-Drive 6 piece kit about 7-8 months ago in grey pewter finish with black nickel hardware from a local dealer.

I've been having trouble getting information from two local dealers (Guitar Center and Sam Ash) that I went to about purchasing an add-on 8"x6" tom. One of them is making excuses about how difficult it is to contact you guys for special orders and the other one is telling me that grey pewter didn't come in a lacquer finish, only a wrap. Wall

First of all, I'm 99% sure that the grey pewter came in lacquer and that my kit is a SL, is that the case or am I just crazy? Secondly, how difficult is it for them to actually order a tom and can you guys give me an idea about what the "List" price is?

I appreciate your help.
wickydeviking
#2 Posted : 11/23/2010 4:23:30 AM
wickydeviking

hey eh TapHappyHobbit,

your item is a SLT8HBN-GP indeed a lacquer finish. The 'H' stands for hyperdrive and the BN for black nickel hardware. GP is your finish.

the color (as far as I know) is not even discontinued and should give no problems to order.

I dont believe it's hard for those big stores to order them. They're just lazy...

TapHappyHobbit
#3 Posted : 11/24/2010 12:58:19 PM
TapHappyHobbit

Man
wickydeviking wrote:
hey eh TapHappyHobbit,

your item is a SLT8HBN-GP indeed a lacquer finish. The 'H' stands for hyperdrive and the BN for black nickel hardware. GP is your finish.

the color (as far as I know) is not even discontinued and should give no problems to order.

I dont believe it's hard for those big stores to order them. They're just lazy...

That's pretty much everything I assumed. Thanks for the model number... maybe if I spoon feed that to them, they'll be able to make a sale. Pray