Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Cloudy Finish on my Omni-Tune Snare
Dardrum
#22 Posted : 10/5/2015 5:45:11 PM
Dardrum

Groups: Senior Member
Was thanked: 532 time(s) in 424 post(s)
Mon????????? :-(
Looking for a 20" starclassic maple bass drum 14 to 16" deep, any color mij decal badge,,,thanks
CB_Photo
#23 Posted : 10/5/2015 6:00:42 PM
CB_Photo

Groups: Advanced Member
Was thanked: 1657 time(s) in 1266 post(s)
Dardrum
#24 Posted : 10/5/2015 6:24:07 PM
Dardrum

I know CB,,,just bustin his ballz
Looking for a 20" starclassic maple bass drum 14 to 16" deep, any color mij decal badge,,,thanks
Rosewood
#25 Posted : 10/6/2015 1:21:00 AM

Groups: Member
Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
You bustin my ballz Mon'..hahaha!
1 user thanked Rosewood for this useful post.
Dardrum on 10/6/2015(UTC)
CB_Photo
#19 Posted : 10/6/2015 4:09:42 PM
CB_Photo

Originally Posted by: Rosewood Go to Quoted Post
It's well documented..but as far as I know..only on the natural finish Omnitune Bubingas...just Google it..
Basically... Tama screwed up the finish like was said earlier...on a bunch of drums..temperature and humidity problems..in manufacture..
These cloudy drums were sold at a pittance on Ebay as B stock..by some Tama dealers..and a couple of years ago..they were all over the place there..
But some people..were stuck with them...hahaha!..after they bought em brand new..and then...presto change..like the guy above with the rainy day SD...that wasnt used much ..suddenly..wonders..whats up with this..my set looks like mud..hahaha!
So.. the proof as they say..is in the pudding man...just looky see...and yuppy do...my expensive Omni Tune..just changed color on me..hahaha!

Rosewood has no proof, no links, no articles, nothing.

i sense lies
Dan@Tama
#26 Posted : 10/6/2015 4:22:39 PM
Dan@Tama

Groups: Moderator
Was thanked: 194 time(s) in 100 post(s)
I can't say I've heard of this happening at all other then br's case. I've already forwarded it out to who I need to, but Rosewood, if you have any sort of other scenarios, shoot me a link, I'd like to see.
Dan from Hoshino USA
Tama Drums/Ibanez Guitars/2Box Percussion

Drum Setup
Tama Superstar Hyperdrive in Copper Mist burst
8x6 Tom/10x6.5 Tom/12x7 Tom/14x12 Floor/16x14 Floor/22x20-22x20 Bass Drums
Tama SLP Black Brass 14x6.5 Snare Drum
Speed Cobra Pedals
Tama Roadpro Hardware
Tama 1st Chair
Tama Speed Cobra Double Pedals
Evans Drumheads
Vater Drumsticks
Meinl MB10/MB8/Byzance/Generation X/Soundcaster Fusion Cymbals and Rugs

Moodster
#28 Posted : 10/6/2015 4:27:03 PM
Moodster

Man
Was thanked: 167 time(s) in 128 post(s)
Not Omnitune Bubinga's, but Blushing nonetheless...

http://forum.tama.com/ya...sh-blushing--fading.aspx
Dardrum
#27 Posted : 10/6/2015 7:36:06 PM
Dardrum

Originally Posted by: Dan@Tama Go to Quoted Post
I can't say I've heard of this happening at all other then br's case. I've already forwarded it out to who I need to, but Rosewood, if you have any sort of other scenarios, shoot me a link, I'd like to see.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/...753?hash=item1c594fd671

Rosewood
#29 Posted : 10/6/2015 11:35:44 PM

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
All the proof I need..is in in various Ebay listings over the past 3 years...with reams of Omnitune drums with this cloudy finish problem...for sale at low low pricing..
and... straight from the dealers mouths..as in..one dealer from TX ..and 1 from PA..
Paraphrasing here...
"If you see an Omni tune with a milky finish..the humidity and temperature was off at the factory..so the finish is basically ..trashed..Tama dumps em on us..and we sell those drums as B stock for about 70% off normal discounted retail.."
And..
"We don't and wont guarantee any B stock Omni tune drums..as there are too many problems with the lugs..so..if your lug on your B stock drum is not working correctly..then its up to you to either buy a new lug..or fix it yourself..as in..we don't guarantee those drums at all..even though they are brand spankin new.."
But if the clown...who put up the kangaroo..is too dog dumb to accept that Omni tunes are not exactly an up to par and roadworthy professional product..instead of degrading me and my real experience with these drums over the past few years..with more mechanical lug issues than any other drums I have ever owned in 40 years..both in B stock..and factory fresh ordered straight from Japan..
Well..you know where you can go ...
My history with these drums is as follows..
1. I would never buy a drum with a cloudy finish..as 50% of the reason to own these drums..is for their beauty..and there are a lot of cloudy drums out there..a lot..
2. Out of 7 Omni Tune drums I have owned..and still own..The 16" I got as B stock..is still incredibly beautiful 3 years later..and as B stock..now perfect..but it needed a new replacement mount..when I first received it..
3. The 12" I got as B stock..had issues right out of the box..1 lug didn't work..and the dealer in PA..basically told me..its not our problem..so I opened the lug up and fixed it myself..
4. The 8" & 10" I ordered straight from the factory..the 8" had issues right out of the box..so after a 6 month wait for delivery..no one could solve the problems for months..and the PA dealer didn't want to know..but finally..the defective mounts and rims were substituted by Hoshino..and the drums look and work great to this day..
5. The 18" BD..was bought used..but mint cond..and works perfectly..
6. The 6.5" SD..was bought brand new..and was screwed up right from the get go..and was sent back to Hoshino under warrantee..and both hoops and 1 lug were replaced..but by the time it was sent back to me..another lug didn't work..so they sent me 1 more lug which I installed myself..and now it is finally up to snuff..
7. The 14" Tom I got as NOS..works perfectly..
But these Omni Tunes..imo..are not a true professional road worthy product..but a great studio and home drum for those that want the best.and Gladstone tuning...as they are too problem prone to count on.. esp on the road..and anyone using them for road or hard gigging now..and with no replacement parts available anymore..really needs to question the value of these drums as a pro road product..
And ..even when parts were still available..if you had a lost or damaged drum..and needed a timely replacement..it took months and months for delivery from the Japan..and that in itself..should steer anyone who gigs a lot..away..from this product..as in... who needs to wait 6 mos...for a replacement drum..or set..
But that said..my road gigging days are long over..and my Omni's sit proudly in my drum room..and are probably my favorite set..and are great for light 1 nighter work..
But..
To those that don't own Omni Tunes..and have no real experience with them..or hard gigging experience..but offer Tama fan boy 1 sided delusional opinions..and needing all kinds of statistical proof...like I have the time to locate all of that..
This is what I can say..
Out of the 7 Omni Tune drums I own..and either bought mint or brand new..4 in 7..had issues right out of the box..some had multiple issues that didn't get resolved for months..and under warrantee too..
The issue wasn't the actual shells at all..as I refused to buy any of the cloudy drums being offered about 2 to 3 years ago now..and insisted on perfect shells..
The issues for me were all mechanical..the wood construction was perfect..or close to it..
These are some of the most beautiful and best sounding drums ever..but just not a good reliable gigging product..
But these are selling for dirt cheap pricing these days...and pricing for B stock has never been better..if there is anymore left..and the remaining brand new drums..usually just sit forever..on the Bay..until offered at fire sale pricing..
If you like em..and want to take the risk..go for em..they wont disappoint soundwise..but when you run into a problem..and you will..whether in a mechanical issue..or a finish issue..don't expect Hoshino or anyone else to be able to help you for that matter..as there is no support for these drums anymore..
You are on your own..

CB_Photo
#30 Posted : 10/6/2015 11:47:59 PM
CB_Photo

Originally Posted by: Rosewood Go to Quoted Post
All the proof I need..is in in various Ebay listings over the past 3 years...with reams of Omnitune drums with this cloudy finish problem...for sale at low low pricing..
and... straight from the dealers mouths..as in..one dealer from TX ..and 1 from PA..
Paraphrasing here...
"If you see an Omni tune with a milky finish..the humidity and temperature was off at the factory..so the finish is basically ..trashed..Tama dumps em on us..and we sell those drums as B stock for about 70% off normal discounted retail.."
And..
"We don't and wont guarantee any B stock Omni tune drums..as there are too many problems with the lugs..so..if your lug on your B stock drum is not working correctly..then its up to you to either buy a new lug..or fix it yourself..as in..we don't guarantee those drums at all..even though they are brand spankin new.."
But if the clown...who put up the kangaroo..is too dog dumb to accept that Omni tunes are not exactly an up to par and roadworthy professional product..instead of degrading me and my real experience with these drums over the past few years..with more mechanical lug issues than any other drums I have ever owned in 40 years..both in B stock..and factory fresh ordered straight from Japan..
Well..you know where you can go ...
My history with these drums is as follows..
1. I would never buy a drum with a cloudy finish..as 50% of the reason to own these drums..is for their beauty..and there are a lot of cloudy drums out there..a lot..
2. Out of 7 Omni Tune drums I have owned..and still own..The 16" I got as B stock..is still incredibly beautiful 3 years later..and as B stock..now perfect..but it needed a new replacement mount..when I first received it..
3. The 12" I got as B stock..had issues right out of the box..1 lug didn't work..and the dealer in PA..basically told me..its not our problem..so I opened the lug up and fixed it myself..
4. The 8" & 10" I ordered straight from the factory..the 8" had issues right out of the box..so after a 6 month wait for delivery..no one could solve the problems for months..and the PA dealer didn't want to know..but finally..the defective mounts and rims were substituted by Hoshino..and the drums look and work great to this day..
5. The 18" BD..was bought used..but mint cond..and works perfectly..
6. The 6.5" SD..was bought brand new..and was screwed up right from the get go..and was sent back to Hoshino under warrantee..and both hoops and 1 lug were replaced..but by the time it was sent back to me..another lug didn't work..so they sent me 1 more lug which I installed myself..and now it is finally up to snuff..
7. The 14" Tom I got as NOS..works perfectly..
But these Omni Tunes..imo..are not a true professional road worthy product..but a great studio and home drum for those that want the best.and Gladstone tuning...as they are too problem prone to count on.. esp on the road..and anyone using them for road or hard gigging now..and with no replacement parts available anymore..really needs to question the value of these drums as a pro road product..
And ..even when parts were still available..if you had a lost or damaged drum..and needed a timely replacement..it took months and months for delivery from the Japan..and that in itself..should steer anyone who gigs a lot..away..from this product..as in... who needs to wait 6 mos...for a replacement drum..or set..
But that said..my road gigging days are long over..and my Omni's sit proudly in my drum room..and are probably my favorite set..and are great for light 1 nighter work..
But..
To those that don't own Omni Tunes..and have no real experience with them..or hard gigging experience..but offer Tama fan boy 1 sided delusional opinions..and needing all kinds of statistical proof...like I have the time to locate all of that..
This is what I can say..
Out of the 7 Omni Tune drums I own..and either bought mint or brand new..4 in 7..had issues right out of the box..some had multiple issues that didn't get resolved for months..and under warrantee too..
The issue wasn't the actual shells at all..as I refused to buy any of the cloudy drums being offered about 2 to 3 years ago now..and insisted on perfect shells..
The issues for me were all mechanical..the wood construction was perfect..or close to it..
These are some of the most beautiful and best sounding drums ever..but just not a good reliable gigging product..
But these are selling for dirt cheap pricing these days...and pricing for B stock has never been better..if there is anymore left..and the remaining brand new drums..usually just sit forever..on the Bay..until offered at fire sale pricing..
If you like em..and want to take the risk..go for em..they wont disappoint soundwise..but when you run into a problem..and you will..whether in a mechanical issue..or a finish issue..don't expect Hoshino or anyone else to be able to help you for that matter..as there is no support for these drums anymore..
You are on your own..

No Links + No Photos = No Basis for argument
Moodster
#31 Posted : 10/7/2015 1:13:29 PM
Moodster

Man
Was thanked: 167 time(s) in 128 post(s)

LOL!!!
Dardrum
#32 Posted : 10/7/2015 6:35:27 PM
Dardrum

CB,,,the gifs are great LOL
Bish
#33 Posted : 10/7/2015 6:38:30 PM
Bish

Man
Was thanked: 146 time(s) in 88 post(s)
I saw that kangaroo chewing away and thought I was looking in a mirror.

That's scary, right there.
Bish

Stewart Moonrichozzio
#34 Posted : 10/8/2015 12:35:39 AM
Stewart Moonrichozzio

Was thanked: 449 time(s) in 320 post(s)
That cat! LMAO
Outfits:
Starclassic Maple Magnetic Orange - 8x7,10x8,12x9,16x14,22x18 - Bright Blue 12x10
Starclassic Performer B/B Lacquered Azure Oyster - 12x8,14x14,18x14

Snares:
Star Zebrawood - Indigo Zebrawood Burst
Star Zebrawood - Oiled Natural Zebrawood
Starphonic Maple Mappa Burl 14x6
Starphonic Aluminum

Cymbals:
Paiste Signature Reflector - 8" Splash, 16" Full Crash, 18" Full Crash
Paiste Signature - 10" Splash, 14" Dark Crisp Hats, 22" Blue Bell Ride
Paiste Twenty Masters - 20" Blue Bird Sweet Ride
Paiste 3000 - 13" Sound Edge Bottom
Paiste 2002 - 4" Accent

Hardware:
Tama Roadpro, Speed Cobra single, Speed Cobra Lever Glide HiHat, Iron Cobra Lever Glide HiHat, Tama First Chair Throne HT350E5 ( w/fringe :-0 )

latest addition(s)
1 user thanked Stewart Moonrichozzio for this useful post.
Dardrum on 10/8/2015(UTC)